This is a blog post about discounts and benefits for becoming a member of certain clubs for long term RVers, weekend campers – even tent campers. We will be researching Campground Membership Clubs (like Thousand Trails) and Specialty RV Travel Clubs (like RVUSA) in a different post.
We were fortunate enough to camp again with friends last weekend at Snowflower, a Thousand Trails Resort near Immigrant Gap, California. Our friends are members, but we are not. We camped as guests. I got to thinking about memberships and discount travel clubs. I knew there were different types of clubs, but thought it may be beneficial to research what is available and how the options work. Certainly our decision to purchase one or more discount cards may differ from full-time RVers, but here are some comparisons to help decide what might fit you the best as well:
$50/2 years (save $4)
$69/3 years (save $12)
- Save 10% on nightly rate at 2,100+ Good Sam Parks
- Save up to 30% at Camping World
- Save on fuel at Pilot Flying J
- Save up to 65% on each prescription filled at over 59,000 pharmacies nationwide
- Save 50% off regular adult admission prices at Good Sam sponsored RV shows
- Save $5 when joining Passport America, plus get 3 free months free
- Save on pet food and treats at PetStuff.com
- Save on dog walkers and sitters in 10,000+ cities at Rover.com
- Save on pet toys and treats at Pawpack.com
- Discounts on prescribed pet medications
- Save on pet insurance (coming soon)
- Mail forwarding: MyRVmail.com – Starting at just $9/month – mail forwarded on your schedule, account management tools, toll-free phone support, USPS or FedEx forwarding, shred/recycle unwanted mail, scanning for urgent letters, auto shipments daily, weekly or monthly, unique physical address in Florida.
Note: Basic and Premium plans each offer specific choices and different pricing for club members and non-club members. Club members prices start with a Basic Plan for $64.80/3 months.
- RV Trip Planning: Online planning tool, get driving directions from point to point, trip itineraries, travel guides and points-of-interest along the way. Includes calculating fuel costs and travel time, avoiding tolls and low clearance/tunnel warnings.
Additional Services for extra fees:
- TravelAssist: $79/year – Medical emergency evacuation, transportation and monitoring, return home of traveling companion, pet return assistance, paid transportation home of patient and RV, lost luggage assistance and more.
- Extended Service Plan: Call for free quote 888.787.7683
$79/2 years (save $9)
$109/3 years (save $23)
- Save 50% on Passport America campsites (nearly 1,900 campgrounds)
- Free 50% Discount Camping Directory (over 480 pages)
- Free online subscription to the RV America Magazine ($12 value)
- Same mail forwarding service as Good Sam – MyRVmail.com
- Free Trip Routing – Point A to B directions with campgrounds en route.
Happy Camper is an online discount club for RVers, is a web based club with ALL guides, listings and maps available to members online and updated on a “real time” basis.
“Happy Camper is a 50% discount camping club for RVers.As a member you can stay at nearly 1,000 RV parks and Campgrounds for up to half price. Buy today camp tonight. ”
- Up to 50% off at nearly 1,200 campgrounds
- Free online camping guide
- Free online email account
- Free online Trip Planner
- Free collection of Ebooks ($80 value)
“A total support network that will meet all your travel needs, whether you travel full-time, part-time or sometime – Escapees help figure out how to get your mail, generating income on the road, finding reputable RV services, and locating places to park.”
- Save 15 to 50% (1,000 camprounds)
- Free Travel Guide with maps/directions
- Free online maps
- Free Escapees Magazine
- Mail forwarding service (Click here for more information)
- Job Board – “Looking for work while you travel or want to post a job opportunity? The Job Center connects those seeking job opportunities and those hunting for full-time, part-time, or contract workers. The RV community offers both mobility and flexibility that are hard to find elsewhere. Looking for a simple house-sitter or need someone with nursing skills to assist an elderly parent? Need someone with carpentry skills or technical expertise? The Job Center is comprised of diversely talented people.”
- Escapees RV Advocacy Coalition – Escapees has fought to uphold full-time RVers’ right to vote; defeated unfair RV-specific taxes; protected overnight parking rights; and stood up to city, county, state, and federal regulations that threatened our personal freedoms.”Escapees has fought to uphold full-time RVers’ right to vote; defeated unfair RV-specific taxes; protected overnight parking rights; and stood up to city, county, state, and federal regulations that threatened our personal freedoms.”